- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 turkey drumsticks (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1-1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 3 drumsticks to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain turkey, discarding marinade. Place turkey on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat, 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 175°,. Turn drumsticks occasionally throughout cooking. Baste often with reserved marinade during the last 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes; garnish with green onions.