Skip to content
- 1 pound beef Top Sirloin Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 pound baby yellow or red beets, trimmed, scrubbed
- ½ cup Sherry or red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup raw pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine beets, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 Tbsp. oil, and ¼ cup water in a baking dish; season with salt.
- Cover with foil and steam until beets are tender, 40–50 minutes. Let cool slightly. Rub off skins with paper towels; cut beets into quarters (or ½” wedges if larger).
- Toss beets with shallot, thyme, remaining ¼ cup vinegar, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a large bowl; season with salt. Let sit at least 2 hours.
- Toss with pistachios and tarragon just before serving.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)