- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped dried sweetened pineapple
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners, and lightly spray liners with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in pineapple. Set aside to steep for 20 minutes.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, and pineapple mixture in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; whisk until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Tips: You can replace the dried sweetened pineapple with unsweetened pineapple in this recipe by adding 1/2 cup sugar to the melted butter and pineapple.