Skip to content
- 1/3 cup (50 g) blanched slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Finely grated zest of 1 large orange (1 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- 5 1/4 oz (150 g) egg whites (from 4 large eggs)
- 1/4 cup fig vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Dark chocolate Toblerones 2 x 100g bars
- Dark chocolate 100g, chopped
- Unsalted butter 50g, softened
- Soft light brown sugar 100g
- Egg 1, beaten
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Plain flour 100g
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Ground almonds 50g
- Whole milk 1 tbsp
- 50 g whole almonds
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil , from sustainable sources
- Olive oil
- 300 g dried fettuccine , or linguine
- 4 baby courgettes , with flowers
- 300 g yellowfin tuna , from sustainable sources
- 1 x 400 g tin of quality cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 30 g pecorino cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, patted dry
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in pomegranate seeds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- One large pomegranate will yield about 1 cup seeds.
- When melting chocolate, stop heating the chocolate before the last of the chocolate melts. The residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate as you stir. This will help prevent scorching.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut or ground almonds after spooning onto waxed paper for more texture and flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4-1 cup sour cream
- 2 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add the butter to the sugar-flour mixture and cut with pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- To remaining mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, one egg and almond extract; blend well.
- Spread batter over bottom and up sides of pan 2 inches (batter should be 1/4 inch thick on sides).
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg; blend well.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Carefully spread preserves over all.
- Combine reserved crumbs and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 55 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Refrigerate leftovers.