- 1 package (8 – 1/2 ounces) cornbread muffin mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepare Mexican-Style Beef Sausage. Remove from pan.
- Mexican-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1 – 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, 1 – 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika, 1 – 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder in large mixing bowl mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 – 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 – inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin batter according to package directions with egg and milk. Fold sausage into muffin batter.
- Spray 24 mini-muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide muffin batter evenly among 24 mini muffin cups, filling cup to top. Top batter evenly with cheese. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until muffins are cooked through and cheese is melted and golden brown.