- Spray bread machine pan with nonstick cooking spray or baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix vegetable oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the baking powder, soda, salt, spices, and flour just until mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread machine pan and set on the cake or quick bread cycle.
- Add chopped nuts at the beep, if using.
- Carefully loosen the loaf from the pan and paddles and turn out onto a rack to cool.
- If desired, add about 1/2 cup of raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips along with the chopped nuts.
- Oven Directions: In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, including the nuts. Bake the bread at 350 F in a greased loaf pan for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.