- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 2 c. white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10.5-oz.) cans cream of mushroom soup
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with oil. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in rice mixture and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more, until rice is cooked and chicken is golden
- Garnish with parsley before serving.