- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled fresh figs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Stir together figs, lemon juice, sugar, and chopped fresh mint. Stir mixture into prepared ice-cream mixture. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.