- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 3/4-inch bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine the panko, oil, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Put the pork chops in a large bowl and toss to coat with 1 tablespoon water. Place the pork chops in the bag and shake well to coat, pressing the breadcrumb mixture firmly into the meat.
- Place the pork chops on a wire rack set on a baking sheet and top evenly with any breadcrumbs remaining in the bag. Bake until the breadcrumbs are dark golden and the internal temperature of the chops registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (avoid touching bone), about 30 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if using.