- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 2 c. Shredded Monterey jack
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with spices, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet and top with both cheeses, cooked chicken mixture, avocado, and green onions. Place another tortilla on top and cook, flipping once, until golden, 3 minutes per side. Repeat to make four quesadillas.
- Slice into wedges and serve with sour cream.