Skip to content
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice (about 5 oranges)
- 6 cups cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and 2-1/2 cups water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Stir in citrus zest and juices. Let stand, covered, 1 hour. Strain syrup; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- To serve, fill glasses or pitcher with an equal amount of fruit syrup and water. Add ice and serve.