- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c. canned pineapple juice
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced (seeded if desired)
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. pineapple chunks
- 1/4 c. cashews
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, turning occasionally, until golden, 5 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and cook until just tender, 3 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic, and jalapeño and bring to a simmer. Make a slurry: In a small bowl whisk together 2 tsp. water and cornstarch until combined, then whisk into saucepan. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and let simmer 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple and cashews.
Garnish with green onions and serve with rice and lime.