- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and chicken tenders and shake until fully coated.
- Set up a dredging station: In one shallow bowl, put bread crumbs, and in another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat in bread crumbs. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss baked chicken in sauce until coated. Serve with ranch, if desired.