- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in a second shallow bowl. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk (shaking off any excess), then in the flour (tapping off any excess).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, add the corn to the boiling water and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with the chicken and barbecue sauce.