- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut or extra-virgin olive oil, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss pecans, almonds, coconut, pumpkin seeds, oats, salt, and oil on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until coconut is golden and mixture is fragrant, 10–12 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, whisking until mixture is thick and opaque. Add nut mixture and fold to coat evenly.
- Drop 1/4-cupfuls of mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing evenly (if your baking sheets are small, you might have to use 2). Bake cookies, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until edges are golden, 15–20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.