- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 small ripe banana
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 thick slices of seeded wholemeal bread
- 150 g raspberries
- Olive oil
- 20 g shelled pistachios
- 4 heaped tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- Manuka honey
- In a blender, blitz the eggs, peeled banana, and 1 pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth, then pour into a wide shallow bowl.
- Cut your bread 2½cm thick, then cut a slit into the longest side of each slice and wiggle your knife inside to make a pocket.
- Use your finger to stuff the raspberries inside – pack as many in as you can, but be gentle so you don’t tear the bread.
- Lay in the eggy mixture and gently squash the bread so it soaks up the eggs.
- Meanwhile, put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-low heat with 1 teaspoon of oil, then wipe it around and out with kitchen paper.
- Pour half the excess egg mixture into one side of the pan, then place a piece of soaked bread on top to give it a lovely pancake layer. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and the other slice alongside it.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, then confidently flip over to cook for the same amount of time. Meanwhile, smash up the pistachios in a pestle and mortar – toast them first, if you like.
- Serve the eggy bread dolloped with yoghurt, sprinkled with pistachios and an extra pinch of cinnamon and drizzled with a little honey.