- One 400-ml can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp whole fresh basil leaves tightly packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Optional: 1/2 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 small Vanilla Bean & Salt flavour, good quality chocolate bar
- Add the coconut milk, honey, fresh basil, vanilla and spirulina (if using) to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate the ice cream base or place it in the freezer until cold.
- Meanwhile, chop the chocolate into small or large pieces depending on your preference. I chopped mine very finely.
- Add the ice cream base to an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost fully churned, add the chocolate through the chute and the machine will gently incorporate the chocolate in to your ice cream.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve consistency or place it the freezer for an hour to firm up.