- 8 ounces fresh or frozen Chinese egg noodles, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups spinach, trimmed
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and green onions; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine soy sauce and the next 5 ingredients (through chile paste), stirring well. Stir soy sauce mixture into mushroom mixture; bring to a boil.
- Add noodles to pan; toss to coat. Add eggs; cook 2 minutes or until eggs are set, tossing well. Remove from heat; stir in spinach.