- 2 large potatoes peeled, grated and squeezed dry (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided, for frying
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Scoop 1/2 cup potato mixture into skillet and spread into 1/8-inch thick patty. Repeat. Fry patties 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Cook remaining latkes in batches of 2, adding 1 Tbs. oil to skillet each time.
- To drain, transfer latkes to wire rack on top of baking sheet lined with newspaper. Place latkes on pan in oven to keep warm. Serve with vegan sour cream or applesauce.