- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 dried chile (such as chile de árbol)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Cook shallot, garlic, and chile, stirring often, until shallot is softened and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture in skillet is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add broth, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated, 12–18 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and mix vinegar into pork mixture; taste and season with salt if needed.