- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Food dye in 3 colors (like green, blue, and pink)
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Divide dough between 3 bowls and dye each bowl a different color. (We used green, blue and pink.) Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls then roll balls in the sugar.
- Place about 2” apart on the baking sheet and bake until tops have cracked and the tops look set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately, while the cookies are still warm, stick candy eyeballs all over the cookies. Let cool completely before serving.