- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 400g pork fillet, trimmed of any fat, cut into thick strips
- 250g pack mushroom, sliced
- 1½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml chicken stock
- 100ml soured cream
- Egg noodles, tagliatelle or rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan, tip in the onions and cook for 10 mins until soft and golden. Add the pork and mushrooms and cook on a high heat for 3-4 mins until browned. Add the paprika and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the tomato purée, then pour on the stock and simmer for 5-8 mins until the pork is cooked through. Finally, mix in the soured cream and some seasoning. Serve with egg noodles, tagliatelle or rice, and an extra dollop of soured cream, if you like.