- 1l chicken stock (we used Knorr Touch-of-taste)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Large piece fresh root ginger, shredded into thin matchsticks
- 300g peeled king prawns (raw would be better, but cooked are fine)
- 4 bok choi, each cut into quarters
- 2 sachets straight-to-wok noodles
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- In a wok or large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil. Stir the sauces into the stock, then add the ginger. Simmer for a moment, then add the prawns: if raw, simmer for 2 mins until they turn pink; if cooked, add together with the bok choi, then cook for 2 mins more until just wilted.
- Slip all the noodles into the broth, then gently stir to loosen them. Bring the liquid back to a simmer, then cook for 2 mins more to warm them through. Scatter with spring onions and serve straight from the wok, using tongs for the noodles and a ladle for the broth.