- 150g Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar (We love Billington’s)
- 570ml Water
- 0.5 Lemon (Juice Only)
- 500g Fresh Raspberries
- To Serve Brandy Snap Baskets
- Place the sugar in a saucepan with the water. Gently bring to the boil making sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Continue simmering then using a spoon, take some of the syrup out and test with your index finger and thumb. When you can see a short thread forming, the syrup is ready. This can take up to 15 minutes.
- Place the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor. With the motor running add the syrup and keep whizzing until smooth. Taste and add more lemon juice if necessary. You may need to adjust the sugar levels accordingly if it is too tart.
- Place the mixture in a metal tin and freeze until firm. If you are using an ice cream maker then follow the instructions for your machine.
- Once frozen place the mixture in to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Quickly place the mixture back into the tin and freeze again until firm.