- 110g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 150ml Warm water
- 0.5 Lemon(s) (juice)
- 250g Cherries (fresh, Stoned)
- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- 0.5 tsp Almond extract
- Heat the sugar, water and lemon juice in a pan over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the cherries and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the cherries are soft.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand until completely cold. Beat the mascarpone in a bowl to soften it.
- Beat in the syrup, juice from the cherries and the almond extract until combined. Spoon into a freezer proof container cover and freeze until required.
- Spoon into a freezer proof container cover and freeze until required. Transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator about 25 minutes before serving, to allow the ice cream to soften slightly.