- 4 frozen free-range pork sausages, defrosted
- 50ml olive oil
- 400g dried spaghetti
For the pesto
- 100g frozen spinach, defrosted, excess water squeezed out
- 40g parmesan, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 20g walnut halves, lightly toasted in a dry frying pan
- ½ garlic clove, crushed or grated
- 4 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
- 25g bunch fresh basil
- Remove the skins from the sausages and fry the sausagemeat in a pan with about 1 tbsp oil for 10 minutes, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon and stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until al dente (with bite). Drain, reserving a little cooking water, then return the cooked spaghetti to the warm pan.
- Meanwhile, put the defrosted spinach in a blender with the remaining oil and add the rest of the pesto ingredients, reserving a few basil leaves to serve. Season well with salt and pepper and whizz to a paste, adding a little reserved pasta water to loosen if necessary. Toss the pesto through the spaghetti and top with the sausage, remaining basil and extra parmesan.