- 4½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼-1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ (about 1.5 oz) dark chocolate bar (70% cacao or more), melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 3-4 drops essential oil (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk over medium low heat until steam starts to rise from the surface. Add cocoa, sweetener, and melted chocolate and stir well.
- Warm over medium low heat until all ingredients are combined and hot chocolate is to desired temp. Add vanilla or other flavoring and stir.
- Serve warm and top with shredded dark chocolate or homemade maple whipped cream.