- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup of loose leaf earl grey lavender tea
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Optional: purple food colouring
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and milk together, and bring to gentle simmer over medium-high heat, and then remove from heat.
- Place your tea into a large tea ball, and place into the hot milk mixture. Allow to steep for 4 minutes. Remove tea ball, and allow cream and milk mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together. Very gradually, whisk in the warm cream mixture (not too fast, or you’ll cook your eggs!!).
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
Optional: add purple food colouring until the ice cream is at your desired colour. If you choose not to add any colouring, it will remain a light beige colour!
- Pour into your ice cream machine and follow your machine’s directions.
- Once it’s done, place your ice cream in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving!