Skip to content
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1 cup low-fat milk or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven.
- Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning.
- After 25 to 30 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown.
- Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker.
- That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee.
- Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, 1/3 cup chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender.
- Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve sugar.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses.
- Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut.