- 100 gm khoya
- 1/2 mango
- 2 litres milk
- 200 gm sugar
- 150 ml water
- To prepare this Bengali recipe, put a deep-bottomed pan on medium flame and add milk in it. Pour 1/4th glass of water in the milk and bring it to a boil.
- After that squeeze 2 lemons in a small-sized bowl and mix rest of the water. When the milk begins to rise, pour the lemon juice in the pan, due to which the milk will begin to curdle and make the chhena. Make sure that chhena you are preparing is soft.
- After that turn off the gas knob. Strain the water immediately using a strainer. Pour it into a muslin cloth lined over a colander and remove rest of the water.
- Now, transfer the chhena in a plate and mash it properly using your lower palm. Add khoya to it and mash again.
- Add the mango pulp in a grinder jar and grind it to a fine puree.
- Next, put a kadhai over medium flame and add the chhena and khoya mixture in it along with mango puree. Now, turn on the gas on medium flame and stir the mixture.
- After 5 minutes, add sugar and keep stirring until it becomes dry so, that we can make balls out of it.
- Switch off the flame and after a minute make balls and simultaneously keep pressing them using the mould. Do not switch on the fan as the mixture will become hard and it will be difficult to make the desired shape.
- You can garnish it using pomegranate seeds, mango slices and black pepper.