- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 8 oz. bacon, cut into 1/2″ slices
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. shredded white Cheddar
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, cheddar, Parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl without draining the fat. Return skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 cup pasta water. Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in cheese mixture and parsley, tossing with tongs to evenly coat the pasta and prevent the eggs from scrambling. Add additional pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Before serving, mix in parsley. Garnish with bacon and serve immediately.