- 5 cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 2 cups cottage cheese, divided
- 1 cup half−and−half, divided
- 1/2 cup apple butter, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- Chop apples into 1/4−inch dice; set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup half−and−half, 1/4 cup apple
butter, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves and one egg. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining cottage cheese, half and half, apple butter and egg. Combine with previously
pureed mixture. Stir in chopped apples. Pour into ice cream canister. Freeze in ice cream maker
according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Makes 2 quarts.