FOR THE CHICKEN
- 3/4 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32-oz.) jar marinara
- 1 c. shredded fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Pat breasts dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Dip into egg mixture and then dredge in breadcrumbs, making sure all sides are coated. Place in a baking dish and bake until lightly golden and crispy, 20 minutes.
- Pour marinara over chicken breasts and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. Garnish with more Parmesan and basil and serve immediately.