- 2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter with 1 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat to combine. Fold dry ingredients in until combined.
- In a shallow bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup of sugar with cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2″-inch balls, then roll balls in cinnamon sugar. Arrange about 2″ apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies begin to crack, about 12 minutes. Let cool on the trays 5 minutes, then use a thin metal spatula to transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.