- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, stems chopped
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 60ml lime juice
- 60ml light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 250ml coconut milk
- 8 free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lemongrass stalk (pale core only), bruised
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- Chopped roasted peanuts to serve
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- Steamed rice and bok choy
- Put the coriander stems, peanut butter, curry paste, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and coconut milk in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Put the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl, coat in the marinade, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, skin-side down, reserving the marinade. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes, then turn skin-side up. Pour over the reserved marinade, tuck the lemongrass and lime leaves around the chicken and roast for a further 30 minutes until the chicken is golden and tender.
- Scatter with the peanuts, chilli and coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice and bok choy.