- 3 slices halved bread- brown
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 finely chopped potato
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 cup refined oil
- 1 cup water
For The Main Dish
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except bread and oil.
- Add one cup of water, mix it and make a thick batter.
- Turn on the flame and heat a deep-bottomed pan. Add refined oil and let it heat properly.
- Drop a pinch of batter to check the temperature of oil.
- Dip the bread slices in the batter and put it into the hot oil. Fry it for a minute then gently flip it to fry the other side.
- Fry it till it turns golden brown from both sides on medium heat. Take out on the kitchen towel to absorb extra oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney.