- 6 cloves garlic, 2 finely grated and 4 thinly sliced
- Pinch cayenne
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 large chicken thighs (about 1. lbs), trimmed and patted dry
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, plus wedges for serving
- 1 small broccoli crown, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine grated garlic, cayenne, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Press Sauté on an electric pressure cooker, adjust to medium, and heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Place thighs, skin side down, in a single layer and cook until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in sliced garlic and cook 1 minute. Press Cancel. Stir in rice, 1. cups water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to scrape up any browned bits.
- Place a steam rack on top of rice, then lay lemon slices in single layer on the rack. Place chicken on top of lemons, skin side up. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure (12.0) 5 minutes. Use the quick-release method to release pressure.
- Lift the steam rack out of the pressure cooker and fluff rice with a fork. Fold in broccoli, lay a clean kitchen towel across the top, then replace the lid and let it sit 5 minutes. Serve chicken alongside rice, with lemon wedges if desired.