- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (5 ounce) can solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Rinse penne pasta with cold water and drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Mix the tomato, onion, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add the cooked pasta, then flake the tuna on top. Stir to combine.