- 4 (16 ounces) chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Lightly pound chicken just enough to even it out; do not pound it thin.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, and thyme; mix until combined.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; mix until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bowl and shake off any excess; discard yogurt mixture.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over chicken breasts.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.