- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, chilled
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ice cubes
- Fresh mint sprigs, optional
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, pineapple, sugar, vanilla and salt. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until combined. With the blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through opening in lid. Process until mixture is frothy and nearly smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with mint if desired.